Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutesIngredients1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large sweet potato
1 thumb sized piece of ginger
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chilli flake
Salt and pepper to taste
250g dry roasted peanuts (alternatively, cut out peanuts and coconut oil and use the same amount of peanut butter)
1 tsp coconut oil
1l of vegetable stock
1/4 spring green (You could use kale as an alternative)
1. Chop onions roughly, chop garlic and ginger very fine.
2. Add 80g of dry roasted peanuts to blender and pulse to chop nuts slightly (they should be roughly chopped into quarters). Put to one side (You don’t need them just yet, but at least they are ready)
3. Put the remaining whole dry roasted nuts into blender with coconut oil and blend for around 3 minutes or until it turns to a creamy peanut butter.
4. Chop sweet potato into 1 inch pieces.
5. Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, sautee the onions, garlic and ginger for around 5 minutes.
6. Add sweet potatoes and sautee for another 5 minutes.
7. Add cumin and dry chilli flakes and sautee for a further 2 minutes.
8. Add passata, chopped peanuts and peanut butter. Stir and leave for around 2 minutes.
9. Add vegetable stock, give it a good stir to ensure there is nothing stuck to bottom of pan.
10. Bring to boil, when boiling turn to low and cover with lid. Leave for 40 mins.
11. Stir in roughly chopped spring green, salt and pepper. Leave for 8 minutes and serve hot!