My little Bubble is in love with this recipe, mostly because it’s something Mom eats! So of course he wants it every time I do. So I decided to modify the recipe for him so that he could enjoy it, just like Mommy! To be honest, I felt guilty too….that I was getting to eat that nutty delicious delight and he couldn’t even imagine how incredible it tasted! It does contain actual peanuts but obviously grounded down heavily to a peanut butter, alternatively you can use smooth peanut butter.
Preparation time: 12 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
For the soup
1 tsp coconut oil
1 Medium sized sweet potato
2 cm ginger
1 garlic clove
1/4 tsp cumin
100 g passata
1 l homemade vegetable stock
1/2 of 1 leaf of spring greenFor the peanut butter:
1/2 tsp coconut oil
1 tbsp dry roasted peanuts
Alternatively you could use 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
1. Chop, onion, garlic and ginger very finely, you could even grate on smallest setting.
2. Prepare by making the peanut butter at this stage, add peanuts and coconut oil to the blender and blend until it is a complete butter with no lumps (put to one side).
3. Chop sweet potato in 1 cm or smaller pieces, no bigger!
4. Heat coconut oil, saute onions, ginger and garlic for around 7 minutes.
5. Add sweet potato and saute for further 7 minutes.
6. Add cumin and saute for further 2 minutes.
7. Add passata and peanut butter and mix well, leave for around 2 minutes.
8. Add vegetable stock, stir thoroughly and bring to boil.
9. Put lid on and turn to low- medium heat. Leave for around 30 minutes.
10. Finely chop spring greens into tiny speckles and add to soup, leave for 10 minutes.
11. Remove from heat, allow to cool before serving.
12. Add remaining soup into ice cube trays and freeze immediately.
Reheating instructions: Remove cubes from freezer, add to microwaveable dish and heat for around 1- 1 1/2 mins and check and stir every 30 seconds.